Tips to avoid heat stress/stroke:
- Provide a cool shaded area
- Provide plenty of clean fresh water and extra water sources in case of spillage.
- Bring animals indoors on hot, with the air-conditioning or fan on.
- Do not exercise animals in hot weather conditions. Walk your dog very early in the morning or very late in the afternoon and avoid the hottest part of the day.
- Do not leave your dog in a vehicle – even when the windows are down dogs can still overheat and die.
If you think your pet is suffering from heat stroke, please call Animal Accident & Emergency or contact your local vet without delay.
Essendon Fields: (03) 9379 0700
Point Cook: (03) 8368 7400