Animal Accident & Emergency is seeking applicants for a full time emergency and critical care veterinarian. Our hospitals are purpose-built 24-hour emergency, critical care and referral facilities, with the latest up-to-date equipment. We have everything you will need to provide the best standard of care including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography, mechanical ventilation, CT and fluoroscopy. The position will involve shift work at both our Essendon and Point Cook centres and would suit applicants looking to further their career within emergency and critical care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest and/or background in emergency medicine
- Commitment to continuing education and willingness to learn
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of the team
- Commitment for exceptional patient care
Our successful candidate will have access to the following:
- Ability for career advancement
- Structured internal training and clinical mentoring programs
- External continuing education
- Access to a great team of veterinarians and nurses
- Support from Registered Specialists, Registrars and Residents in Emergency and Critical Care
- Support from Registered Specialist in Internal Medicine.
Employment is shift based, with rotations involving day, night, weekend and public holiday shifts.
The standard working week is 37.5 hrs.If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please send your application to email@example.com