We do not recommend rabbits and guinea pigs together for the following reasons:
- Rabbits may hog the food
- Rabbits may bully the guinea pigs.
- Guinea pigs can cause severe eye injuries to rabbits.
- Rabbits carry a bacteria Bordetella that is lethal to guinea pigs
- They require different feeding regimes
- Rabbits talk ‘rabbit’ with rabbits and guinea pigs talk ‘pig’ with guinea pigs.
Guinea pigs rarely cohabit well with other species. If you have indoor dogs and cats you need to a secure enclosure.
The Melbourne Rabbit Clinic is the first and only hospital in Australia to treat rabbits and guinea pigs exclusively.
Melbourne Rabbit Clinic have an absolute passion for rabbits and guinea pigs offering high quality veterinary care especially tailored for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs.
Melbourne Rabbit Clinic is consulting at Animal Accident & Emergency our 24 hour Vet Emergency Centres – Essendon Fields & Point Cook
To book an appointment please ring the Melbourne Rabbit Clinic directly on (03) 9758 9879.
For more information please visit our website: www.animalemergency.com.au