24 hour Pet Hospital, 24hr Vet, Animal Emergency, Animal Hospital, Dog, Dogs, Emergency Vet, Melbourne Animal Hospital, Pet, Vet

Toys and Pets

Recently in the 24Hr Emergency Hospital we had one of the cutest patients.

Max is a very happy and cute Husky.  Max presented to the emergency doctors after eating a toy duck.  The duck was rubber with an internal flashing light and battery.  When you squeeze the duck it would start flashing.  Only problem is, Max decided to eat the duck – almost in one swallow.

The size of the duck and the battery were our major concerns.  Batteries can cause life threatening complications if they start to leak inside the body.  Max was taken to surgery as soon as possible and the offending duck was removed.

Max made a brilliant recovery and within a few hours was chatting vigorously to anyone near by.  Last reports were that Max was recovering well at home.

Max AAE fb story

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s